Monday, September 9, 2013

On the Spot: Liam Camba's Untold Stories

"Laughter is the best medicine" - The quotation that handled by many comedians and Filipinos over the years. As we Filipinos cannot deny that even we are in a disaster or illness, we never forget to smile and laugh.


In a life full of sadness and pain, there is a person who never forget to smile and make his colleagues and friends laugh over his situation, and he is Liam Jerome Camba.

Liam Jerome Fuentes Camba is a talkative yet funny person of their class. Negros Occidental is their family hometown. Now he is living at Taguig with his father and siblings while his mother is living in their province with his older brother. Here are the some other facts about him; he is from the third year class of Bachelor in Communication Research and he is a CORE President of PUP College of Communication.

In an interview with him, I got the chance to know what is really behind  personality of Mr. Liam. The interview goes with this, I asked him what is the scariest thing/moment you have? He answered and said, It was when my father left us and I don't know why, and I am a first year high school that time but now he is with us, he came back last year and I don't want to lose him again.

After that, I converted the situation into funny question; what is the silliest or naughtiest thing you have done? And he answered with a big smile, It was when I peeked my older brother while washing his body. Another question followed, why did you do that? He answered, Our house is empty during that time, only the two of us that's why I intended to do that, and because we were so close to each other. HAHAHA. He is. He is so funny that even his brother he can do such naughty things like that.


Moreover, I continued our interview with this question; what is the most disappointing thing/moment you have? When I never tried to court my ex-girlfriend, I was disappointed with myself. Why didn't you take that chance to court her again? He answered, I went into fear of rejection as well as I don't want to take a risk because we're friends more than years. I don't want to lose our friendship just because of my feelings with her.

Another question followed, what is the happiest thing/moment you have? He answered again with smile, When I've been elected as CORE President, it was my happiest moment as of now. Why? Because since I was in first year college my goal is to join in an organization which handles people. 

Lastly, I asked him, what is your goal for the next 5 years? He said with a proudly voice, My goal is to become a media practitioner. It is not the one who will broadcast on TV but a media practitioner behind the screen. And also I want to be a comedian in bar someday. It is my dream to inspire and give happiness to the people. HAHAHA.

Truly, he is the man of laughter and happiness. I don't know if he wanted to be the next Dolphy or whatever. He just proved that he is a man of joy. This interview will only teach us that happiness comes within ourselves and no matter how hard and painful life we have, we must not forget to smile, laugh and to be happy because that is the best medicine that we can have.